Games with a Christmas/Winter Theme

1 Replies, 947 Views

Sadly, the closest I come to a White Christmas is usually via playing games in December with Christmas/Winter stages.  So, leading up to Christmas, I thought it would be good to search the web and find classic Nintendo games with Christmas/Winter stages.

First up in our Christmas/Winter theme stages is Cool Mountain from Super Mario 64.  I played through most of Super Mario 64 when it was part of the Super Mario 3D All-Stars compilation.   I thoroughly enjoyed the game and collected more than 100 stars during my playthrough, but sadly, the last few stages failed to grip me. The funny thing is, I played and finished Super Mario Sunshine, and I'm shocked to say I think it's a better game! As influential as Super Mario 64 is, I can't help but think that its level design is a mixture of excellent and mediocre.   

With that said, Cool Cool Mountain could be an excellent stage to play through this Christmas.
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess boasts a wintery area called Snow Peak ruins.  Actually, Breath of the Wild has even more impressive snowy scenes for you to explore.  There's nothing better than a spot of Sheild sledging.  Smile