Super Lucky Fox [XBox Game Pass]

2 Replies, 2656 Views

[Image: super-luckys-tail-button-1503623450396.jpg]

A few months back, I was given an Xbox One X.  Since then; I've played through several titles that I've thoroughly enjoyed. The Batman Asylum games, particularly Arkham City, were outstanding.  Another title I enjoyed immensely was was Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.  And even though these are great games, they're not family titles.  Being a father of six, I'm eager to find high-quality Xbox titles that are suitable for the whole family.  And Super Lucky's Tale fits the bill.

It isn't 'New Super Lucky's Tale.'
According to Wikipedia, 'New Super Lucky's Tale' is an "enhanced... rebuilt from the ground up version of Super Lucky's Tale".  New Super Lucky's Tale was first developed and launched for Nintendo Switch and later released for other systems.  This means the original title is largely overlooked, which is a shame. Even if 'New Super Lucky's Tale' is the better game (a debatable point), Lucky's original title offers plenty of enjoyment.

The Game Itself

Playing 'Super Fox Tale', I'm reminded of my time with Super Mario 3D World. 'Super Lucky's Tale' clearly derives inspiration from famous collectathon platformers like Banjo Kazooie and the Super Mario Franchise. The game boasts delightful stages, cute characters, and if played via Gamepass, it boasts additional content and DLC stages as part of your subscription.    Levels are a mixture of 3D and 2D stages, with puzzles and the odd endless runner stage spread throughout.  

The game's main aim is to collect the required number of clovers to progress throughout each stage.  Each stage has four clovers to collect, three of which are obtained by collecting 300 coins, a total of five letters that just so happen to spell LUCKY, and by completing other challenges such as completing puzzles and platforming challenges.  
The game is delightful and most certainly doesn't deserve the ridiculous review scores I've seen online.  Metro gave it 3/10 and IGN 5/10!  Seriously, I can't believe it.  For me, 'Super Lucky's Tale' is a solid 8/10 that provides a nice balance in terms of difficulty, and my children like it too.

I highly recommend 'Super Lucky's Tale'.  I look forward to playing 'New Super Lucky's tale' in the not too distant future (God willing). 
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 11:28 PM by Jonah.)
Xbox GamePass is definitely a game changer at an incredible value. The day one releases makes the subscription service worth the price alone. The fact there are literally hundreds of games available only sweeten the deal. 

I've enjoyed loads of titles through this service. Most recently Forza Horizon 5 has captured my attention. The party games are really fun. And arcade mode adds randomness to the usual racing game forte.
(11-25-2021, 04:36 AM)GoldDreams Wrote: Xbox GamePass is definitely a game changer at an incredible value. The day one releases makes the subscription service worth the price alone. The fact there are literally hundreds of games available only sweeten the deal. 

I've enjoyed loads of titles through this service. Most recently Forza Horizon 5 has captured my attention. The party games are really fun. And arcade mode adds randomness to the usual racing game forte.

I need to try Forza 5.  I enjoy Crew 2, and I've enjoyed my brief time with Forza 4.  Smile  I also like the fact that Microsoft doesn't lock down internet play as much as Nintendo does.  I've also noticed that with game pass and digital versions of games, you don't need multiple copies of a game, to play with family members from the same house.